Elvis - Easter Eggs - Spliced Takes - CMT / STAR
Finally a "new" Spliced take album is out now, and it was worth the wait.
This one includes all tracks from the 1966 recording sessions, many gospel songs were recorded, but also some excellent
CMT managed to produce a full new album with high standard spliced takes only the STAR team can deliver.
To name just one highlight it has to be the new approach the team did on "Tomorrow is A Long Time" it was re-created from scratch, gives a totally new feel to the song since the "chorus" was used only once and all "verses" were put after one and other. Also a longer intro and outro makes this an outstanding new track!
Other surprises like "Fools Fall in Love" with TWO saxophone solos and an alternate piano intro for "Where No One Stands Alone" confirms: This is a MUST have!
The series continues!
Again the STAR team has done all the edits on this album, and they did an excellent job again , with lots of excellent edits, and surprises. Unlike other “import” labels, they truly were able to produce an album using many incomplete takes , to create beautiful new tracks.
01. Run On - Spliced take 3,1,1,2
02. How Great Thou Art - Spliced take 1,2,4
03. Stand By Me - Spliced take 9,10,2
04. Where No One Stands Alone - Spliced take 1/Wp take 1
05. Down in the Alley - Spliced take 1,2
06. Tomorrow is A Long Time - recreated master
07. Love Letters - Spliced take 5,
08. So High - Spliced take 2,2,3
09. Farther Along - Spliced take 1,2,3
10. By and By - Spliced take fs,7,9
11. In the Garden - Spliced take 1,2,3 (snowbird)
12. Beyond the Reef - Spliced take 1,2
13. Somebody Bigger Then You And I - Spliced Take 3,11,wp5
14. Without Him Spliced Take 11,8,14
15. If the Lord Wasn't Walking By My Side - Spliced Take 3,2,4,1
16. Where Could I Go But To the Lord - Spliced Master
17. Come What May - Spliced Take 3,11,wp5 3,2,7,6,7,2
18. Fools Fall in Love c 1,4,4,5,4
19. Oh How I Love Jesus - Spliced Home Recording