Saturday, August 17, 2024

1973 Sound Booth Collection And More! Volume 2 - Redemption

 1973 Sound Booth Collection And More! Volume 2 - Redemption

This comprehensive Deluxe 6 CD set contains so-called sound booth recordings recorded during 4 live performances at the Las Vegas Hilton in 1973. Sound booth recordings are recordings made with one microphone (mono) or two microphones (stereo) placed directly on stage.  All shows are painstakingly remastered, and presented as they were recorded: in glorious ‘stereo’ sound. Also included is the January 25 1973 stage rehearsal at corrected speed and it never sounded better then on this set. 

As a bonus the complete home-recording made in November 1973 at the house of Sam Thompson in Memphis Tennessee is present too.

The additional bonus disc contains 24 rare or official unreleased versions of studio tracks recorded in 1973. This disc includes Rough Mix Masters, Unedited Masters and some superb Alternate Recordings and Rehearsals. 

CD 1 - August 20, 1973 MS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton:

Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Trouble - Blue Suede Shoes - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Jailhouse Rock / Hound Dog - Love Me Tender - Fever - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - My Boy - Release Me - An American Trilogy - Mystery Train / Tiger Man - Help Me Make It Through The Night - How Great Thou Art - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 2 - August 31, 1973 DS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton:

Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Trouble - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Hound Dog - Love Me Tender - Fever - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - My Boy - I Can’t Stop Loving You (Tape Damage) - An American Trilogy - A Big Hunk O’love - Introduction Of Lisa Marie Presley / The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - How Great Thou Art (Incomplete) - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 3 - September 2, 1973 3.00 AM - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton:

Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Trouble - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Hound Dog - Love Me Tender - Fever - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - Release Me - An American Trilogy - Mystery Train / Tiger Man - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - How Great Thou Art - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 4 - September 2, 1973 MS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton:

Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Trouble - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Hound Dog - Love Me Tender - Fever - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - My Boy - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Mystery Train / Tiger Man - How Great Thou Art - A Big Hunk O’Love - Release Me - What Now My Love - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 5 - January 25, 1973 - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton - A Live Stage Rehearsal:

Something - You Gave Me A Mountain - Steamroller Blues - My Way - Love Me - It’s Over - Blue Suede Shoes - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry - Welcome To My World - I’ll Remember You - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - An American Trilogy - Please Help Me I’m Falling - A Big Hunk O’Love - I’m Leaving It Up To You - Faded Love - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Separate Ways - Separate Ways (#2) - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Can’t Help Falling In Love

November 3/4, 1973 recording at Sam Thompson’s House - 1317 Favell Drive - Memphis, Tennessee:

The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise - Spanish Eyes - Baby What You Want Me To Do - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry - See See Rider - That’s All Right - When You Love An Alpha Delta - We Are Alpha Delta Pi - Ode To A Robin (Poem) / Conversation. Featuring Elvis Presley, Linda Thompson, Sam Thompson, Louise Thompson, Margie Thompson, Sanford Thompson, Ricky Stanley.

CD 6 - Studio Highlights / Rough Mix Masters:

If You Don’t Come Back - Three Corn Patches - Find Out What’s Happening - I’ve Got A Thing About You Baby - Just A Little Bit - Raised On Rock - For Ol’ Times Sake - I Miss You

Unedited Masters:

There’s A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - If You Talk In Your Sleep - Thinking About You - Love Song Of The Year - Help Me - My Boy - Good Time Charlie’s Got The Blues  - Talk About The Good Times - Your Love’s Been A Long Time Coming

Bonus Songs:

Loving Arms (Unedited Master/ With Strings) - Love Song Of The Year (Undubbed Master /  No Backing Vocals) - Promised Land (Master With Echo) - Promised Land (Master With Organ And Cowbell Overdubs) - It’s Diff’rent Now (Rehearsal) - I’ve Got A Thing About You Baby (3 Track Master) - I’ve Got A Thing About You Baby 

Source: ElvisCollectors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graceland Live Cam

Visitors Since October, 2013